Join League of Women Voters of Ashland & Bayfield Counties!
Why Should I Join?
Whether you have time to be an active volunteer or simply want to show your support, you will help the League provide nonpartisan voter education and advocate for clean and responsive government. As a member of the League of Women Voters, you will belong to a network of women and men of all ages, organized on the national, state and local levels, who are committed to making democracy work.
Through participation in League projects, you will:
- Contribute valuable service to the community.
- Gain knowledge and experience through the study and discussion of timely and important topics.
- Discover new interests, develop new skills, and learn about crucial issues in your community.
- Make professional contacts and develop lasting friendships as you meet others in the League who share your interests.
How Much Time Does it Take?
It's up to you! Many members choose to support the League only with their annual dues. Your membership alone helps give us the political influence needed to build a voice for citizens and a force for change.
We cover a broad spectrum of issues and concerns. You may choose to become involved in one or more of these by actively participating in a group study, or by helping to organize or work at an event, or by listening to a panel of experts at a meeting, or by participating in a candidates forum, or perhaps just by reading about any of these in one of our publications.
What Do I Get?
When you join as an individual member, you automatically become a member of LWV Wisconsin and LWV of the United States.
As a state member you receive:
- Forward, the state League quarterly newsletter.
- Invitations to statewide educational programs and the Annual Meeting.
- Emailed updates with news on key issues in state government.
- Legislative action alerts to help you communicate with your own representatives.
- Opportunities to participate in League policy studies and to be part of a national and statewide movement working for clean, honest government.
At any level of membership, you receive the Ashland & Bayfield Counties League of Women Voters email newsletter, and you will be able to participate in as many of our activities as you choose. It's always fun to attend our Christmas Party and our Annual Meeting/Dinner!
And you will have the knowledge that you are adding your voice to a powerful force of members from all 50 states, the District of Columbia, Puerto Rico, the Virgin Islands, and Hong Kong.
Be a part of the action! If you prefer to donate to us without joining our organization, we would appreciate your support.
$65.00 Individual member of Local, State & National League of Women Voters
$30.00 Additional individual member of Local, State & National League of Women Voters from the same household as above
$150.00 Sustaining individual member of Local, State & National League of Women Voters
$30.00 Student member (registered full or part time at an accredited institution)
$20.00 Non-voting member of our local League of Women Voters of Ashland & Bayfield Counties
Full or partial scholarships are available. Please feel free to request one with your application.
Please click the Join Us logo at the top of the page to access our membership application. If you have any questions, please contact us. Our strength is in our membership and we thank you in advance for your support.
Renew Your Membership!
According to our Bylaws, annual membership dues are payable between July 1 and September 30 of each year. As a courtesy, we accept dues before July 1—especially at the annual meeting in May. You may use the application form above to renew your membership—just click the Join Us logo.
If you need to renew your membership, please act today.