Current Local Study
2014-2017 Local Study
What are the specific ways in which the Chequamegon Bay region is impacted by economic inequality?
And what can we do about it?
Click here for the full Study Report "STUDY OF IMPACT OF ECONOMIC INEQUALITY IN ASHLAND AND BAYFIELD COUNTIES"
Questions or comments can be emailed to Linda (firstname.lastname@example.org) or Jan (email@example.com)
The LWV/ABC Board has completed a local study over the last three years:
- To examine how economic inequality in the US and the State of Wisconsin impacts our local regional economy, and
- To identify a local policy agenda to advocate for reversing that situation.
Since its founding in 1920, the League has always courageously taken stands for fair, accountable, representative, and responsive government.
It is in that spirit that the LWV/ABC moves to analyze ways in which public economic policies, especially in the last three decades, may have resulted in economic disadvantage for residents of the Chequamegon Bay region.
It is hoped that this study may also provide context for local decision making regarding the promise of livelihoods and economic abundance with the Penokee Mine.
There are excellent materials available for review, including Wisconsin economic statistics compiled by the UW-Center for Strategies for WI (COWS).
Linda Jorgenson and Jan Penn have volunteered to lead up the study and form a study committee comprised of both League and non-League members.
The study is complete!
The following are supporting documents and information we used for contribution to the study:
Study Documents and Information:
- 11-18-2014 Minutes
- Proposed Study Guide Timeline 2014-16
- Price of Inequality Study Guidelines
- Price of Inequality Study Resources
- Presentation 1/11/16: The Changing Landscape of Public Education in Wisconsin by Dr. Julie Mead
- Presentation 4/29/16: What’s Going on for Working Wisconsin and What Can We Do? by Laura Dresser
- Presentation 6/22/16: Building Community Wealth Forum featuring Sarah McKinley