Dear Friends of Democracy,
The League of Women Voters of Ashland & Bayfield Counties (LWV/ABC) is encouraging community members to vote on August 12th. We need your help in engaging people to GET TO the polls and VOTE.
The LWV/ABC is a nonpartisan organization whose main objective is to promote political responsibility through the informed and active participation of all citizens in government at all levels, but especially locally.
We ask that you help spread this public service announcement through grass roots efforts
- word of mouth
- hang your own vote flyers in community and gathering centers such as churches, supermarkets, etc.
- if you send out a weekly newsletters, social media, and/or e-blasts—please include this message.
Our message is very clear:
“Let your voices be heard—Support the Democratic Process—Vote August 12”
In your efforts, you may want to include the LWV website VOTE411.org. It is a "one-stop-shop" for election related information. An important component of VOTE411.org is the polling place locator, which enables users to type in their address and retrieve the poll location for the voting precinct in which that address is located.
In addition, it provides nonpartisan information to the public with both general and state specific information on the following aspects of the election process:
· Absentee ballot information
· Ballot measure information (where applicable)
· Early voting options (where applicable)
· Election dates
· Factual data on candidates in various federal, state and local races
· General information on such topics as how to watch debates with a critical eye
· ID requirements
· Polling place locations
· Voter registration forms
· Voting machines
We encourage you to explore our newly launched website. It has the link above and Wisconsin Public Radio’s audio panel discussion for both the assembly and senate.
We thank you for your help and efforts in keeping democracy alive in the region.
President, on behalf of League of Women Voters of Ashland & Bayfield Counties